
This is probably one of my favorite pieces of free furniture. One of my little old neighbors (I'm surrounded by widows) passed away a couple of months ago and her family came into town to clean out the house. One of the granddaughters came up to the house and asked if we were interested in two twin beds and frames that were only 2 years old. I said we could use the mattresses so they brought them up and said if I wanted to take a look around the house to see if there was anything else I'd wanted I could have it since they were taking the rest to the dump. They had cleared most the house already which I was bumed because she said there was a bunch of old quilts and books and "junk" as she called it. I about had a heart attack, I love old quilts and books and vintage things. Bummer. But this gorgeous piece was just in the basement in the corner. I said I definitely wanted it. So here it is. I had to prime it and put a couple of coats of paint on it but it looks like it did 50+ years ago, same color just new finish. I'm not finished with that corner of the room. I have an idea on how to use that super fun fabric and will post when I get that completed.
5 comments:
Love your finds! Just think of the fabric you can store in those drawers.
Wow what a great find that look fabulous. You could never find great stuff like that here. Maybe we should move there? HAHA right like i could get Ry to move. HAHA
HAY WE WENT TO THIS GUYS FARM YESTERDAY BECAUSE HIS DAD DIED AND THEY ARE SELLING EVERYTHING. WELL IT HAD SOME AMAZING THINGS THAT ARE SO OLD I COULDN'T BELEIVE SOME OF THE STUFF THEY HAD LAYING AROUND IN THE BARN THEY HAD TO OLD SEWING MACHINES ONE WAS ELECTRIC THE OTHER WAS FOOT.JUST SITTING OUT SO IT COULD BE WEATHERED.OUCH. SOME OLD FURNITURE TO I REALLY TOTALLY THOUGHT OF YOU. YOU COULD HAVE A HAY DAY IN THERE. AND TO THINK THAT I SAID YOU COULD NEVER FIND STUFF LIKE THAT HERE? BOY WAS I WRONGE.
Wow, Shan, you're amazing! It looks great!!
Cute!
Maddy
Post a Comment