I suppose those are the only reassuring words people can think of when the subject of "the finger" comes up. This is just an update for those who don't care - well, I'm a little hurt - for those who do thanks for the love and prayers. We saw the big guy today, the man himself, Dr. Goldfarb. Hes the best child's plastic/hand doctor in the Midwest and he did Harris' surgery. Either Harris is really really stubborn (which runs in the family :) ) or he really can't use his finger. We're giving it two more months. He doesn't want to get in there right away, he wants me to try a couple of things first. I did learn however that the index finger is the LEAST important finger which I was told the complete opposite. You can do everything with your middle finger that you can do with your index. Not that we want him to walk around with it pointed out the rest of his life but it was an interesting fact. He said that either the scar tissue is built up but should break down after a while and maybe that is what is enabling him to use his finger OR (and this is the worst part) tendons are not working properly and they would have to do the surgery again but it would much more complex and they would have to get another tendon from somewhere else in the body, possibly the leg. There would be much therapy and maybe a couple more surgery's to follow. But for now, we wait and hope and pray.
We're off to Idaho for the weekend. Marc's sister is going through the Temple so we're excited to get to be a part of that. I'll be sure to post pictures of our fun weekend with no kids. That's right, NO KIDS!!
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago
4 comments:
I hope that Harry is just being stubborn. Good luck. And can't wait to see you guys. Have a great trip here.
Bummer! At least he won't have a cast during prime boating season?! Hopefully things progress quickly (with no more surgeries)!
Bummer for the finger... yeah for the tri! Have a great time :)
Well, hopefully Harris is just being stubborn and there won't be any more surgeries.
I had no idea you guys were coming out for Chelsea's sealing! YAY!!!!!!!! Can't wait to see you guys! Have a safe trip.
Post a Comment