Friday, May 08, 2009

Retro Modern



A while back I took pictures of some of the things I had been doing around the house.  A few, and only a few, asked to see pictures of the rest of the house.  While this will bore most of you and some are always here, this is for the few who humored me and made me think you'd really like to see some of the rooms in my home.  Disclaimer:  I don't claim to be a great decorator, but I like to try.  My home is small and so are the rooms.  There isn't much space to work with, but we do what we can.   This is Harry's room.  The paint is a really fun greyish.  That is my most favorite paint color in the whole house.  I love his room.  I especially like his new comforter which really isn't new at all - its a garage sale find for $30.  Talk about a deal.  This quilt is straight from the 60's.  I'm pretty much attracted to anything retro - decorating/furniture/quilts (especially quilts).  I made his little fish quilt that is folded at the bottom of the bed as well as the curtains.  The pillow was made for him, which you can't see very well.  The paintings are my favorite part of the room.  His room is much cuter in person.  The wooden boxes were painted to match the retro look of the room.  Those were cheap and fun to do.  There are a lot of handmade things on his shelves that makes the room even cuter.  Okay, I don't really have much else to say about the room.  

This is my very first painting.  I actually don't know if I like it all that much but Laura who is a designer/painter loves it.  I thought "if she thinks its good then I guess its alright".  I framed it and like it much better then without a frame.  Although that isn't necessarily our style, the frame fits the painting and I've found the perfect spot for it.  We're encouraged to put up pictures of temples and Christ and of the Prophet but I'm picky and I like things that are tastefully done.  I dont want the Temple picture that is framed with the mauve or hunter green mat in the dark cherry wood frame.  You know the ones I'm talking about.  How can you put those up?!  speaking of which, if anyone knows of a site where I can get a picture of Pres. Monson that isn't the Church distributed one let me know.  I need one to go with the letter he wrote to Max.  

Okay, I'm done boring everyone.  Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Bobbi said...

And thanks for humoring me. :) What room are we going to see next?

I like the grey color too. We have something similar in our room but it's a bit more blue. I love it. Cute room!

Anonymous said...

Groovy room! Hey what's the name and brand of the paint in Harry's room.

Madeline

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates