Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Everythings Bigger in Texas

This picture was taken at my friend Trenna's shower. You know, the one I was ranting and raving about. Just as a side note, take a look at the decorations behind me. I know you can't see them very well but let me tell you, they were spectacular, and those were just the decorations!!! Okay, I'm really going to move past this whole shower thing.

My friend on the left is Laura. Laura is in my friend group, shes the designer, super talented, creative, make you want to covet type friend. And on my right is my friend Lisa. Lisa is probably the most sincere, caring person I know. She makes everyone feel like they are her best friend. She has the most beautiful smile. And her husband is Harry's nursery teacher at church and Harry LOVES him...as do all of us. Two of Lisa's children often babysit for the boys. Will who is 14 and Annie who is almost 12. Let me tell you that Will is the most mature, responsible yet very cool and fun 14 year old I have ever met. Annie is so sweet and those kids just love my children. Max begs for me to go to the Temple so I will leave him with Annie and Will.

Our friends are leaving us in 2 weeks. They are moving to Texas. Whats so great about Texas??? Thats what I think anyway. They were one of the few families at church that was permanent. No medical/law school, no medical residency, no fellowships (about 75% of our ward is like that, very transit). I'm so sad that they are leaving. We have enjoyed so much being their friends. They are wonderful and Texas will be a better place with them there.

I'm starting to not like all of our friends starting to leave. Next year...I don't even want to talk about. Two of our very best friends are up to leave. I'm starting to think that leaving isn't that bad of an idea. If everyone else is doing it.....

As far as the VonDoersten's go, we are much better for having them be a part of our life. They are great examples of kindness, love and unwavering faith. A part of us will be gone when they leave.

No comments:

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates