Up to this point I really had no strong desires of having a girl.
I mean sure, it would be fun. All the really, really cute stuff to sew and make
is for girls and I would have blast doing all of that.
Not sure if I would know how to do her hair....I barely know how to do mine.
If we had a girl she might wear sweat pants most day because, well, I do too.
HOWEVER,
Yesterday two friends of mine threw an AMAZING shower for another friend who is having a girl. All I can say is that after that shower I now desire a cute baby girl. Trenna (the friend who the shower was for) is super hip, modern.....she was in Better Homes and Gardens, she is a successful interior designer. Needless to say I think the pressure was on as what to make/get for this women who is so talented. You should have seen the gifts that people made and brought.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!
This was not a normal shower that you would normally go to. Not the traditional "needful" items, although there were some and I know there were much appreciated. But Oh, Man...the things these women made!!!
My Friend Laura made THE cutest skirt I have ever seen for a little girl. Very anthropology, very much my style. Love it!! Another friend Patti made THE cutest little head bands with classy...I'm talking, classy flowers. I have never been a fan of head bands with big flowers but I am now!
I have always thought Tu-Tu's were obnoxious but my friend Jen found THE cutest one I have ever seen. I was drooling over the thought of this little girl with her fat rollie legs hanging out of this 40 layer tu-tu.
I need to calm down a bit because there is a chance this may be a boy. I don't ever want to be disappointed with the outcome. A baby is a beautiful miracle and I will love it no matter what but I have to admit yesterdays shower have me leaning to pink. And lucky for us (I'm being a bit sarcastic here), we don't find out so I have to wait another 4 months to see what the rest of my life will bring me.
I mean sure, it would be fun. All the really, really cute stuff to sew and make
is for girls and I would have blast doing all of that.
Not sure if I would know how to do her hair....I barely know how to do mine.
If we had a girl she might wear sweat pants most day because, well, I do too.
HOWEVER,
Yesterday two friends of mine threw an AMAZING shower for another friend who is having a girl. All I can say is that after that shower I now desire a cute baby girl. Trenna (the friend who the shower was for) is super hip, modern.....she was in Better Homes and Gardens, she is a successful interior designer. Needless to say I think the pressure was on as what to make/get for this women who is so talented. You should have seen the gifts that people made and brought.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!
This was not a normal shower that you would normally go to. Not the traditional "needful" items, although there were some and I know there were much appreciated. But Oh, Man...the things these women made!!!
My Friend Laura made THE cutest skirt I have ever seen for a little girl. Very anthropology, very much my style. Love it!! Another friend Patti made THE cutest little head bands with classy...I'm talking, classy flowers. I have never been a fan of head bands with big flowers but I am now!
I have always thought Tu-Tu's were obnoxious but my friend Jen found THE cutest one I have ever seen. I was drooling over the thought of this little girl with her fat rollie legs hanging out of this 40 layer tu-tu.
I need to calm down a bit because there is a chance this may be a boy. I don't ever want to be disappointed with the outcome. A baby is a beautiful miracle and I will love it no matter what but I have to admit yesterdays shower have me leaning to pink. And lucky for us (I'm being a bit sarcastic here), we don't find out so I have to wait another 4 months to see what the rest of my life will bring me.
3 comments:
I hope you have a girl too, I think she would be stinkin cute, cuz look at those boys (and parents!). I don't know how you do it, I think I would secretly find out without telling the other half, then buy thing and store them in a safe! I'll hope for pink with you, but still love it if its blue!
You NEED a girl! and I need to have your friends! I cant wait tell October to find out!!!! Just do it, find out! Girls are so much fun! Your boys would be so cute with her! Hope all is well!
trenna! wow. I think i have missed a lot. hope you get the chance for a girl. you rock the boy scene, so you will be fin, but i would love to see you with a little girly on your hip
Post a Comment