Wednesday, September 30, 2009

We have a lot to talk about...yes, I'm talking to YOU


There has been so much going on this month I haven't gotten a chance to blog everything. Not that anyone cares (which is apparent by the lack of comments) but I do and maybe, just maybe there is 1 other person out there that does. Wait, I know Grandma Happy cares, so there, I do know 1. I have posted two other posts as well since we had so many pictures and things going on. Please scroll down to look, even if you're only doing it to please me, that would make me happy :)
One thing, and there is only one, that I feel proud of that I know I've taught my children is to love books. I've worked hard to make them readily available to them, to read to them as often as I could and to teach them they can learn anything they want if they just pick up a book. We have a small library in the boys room of books. We go to the library every other week. So when I catch my boys going into their room and grabbing a book and laying down on their bed I just melt. It is the best thing to see. Max isn't posing here, this is just him wanting to read. I think too many kids pick up their gameboys or turn on the TV, theres not enough opening up of the books. At night when they go to sleep I let them read and Bennett will ask me for books like, "The Encyclopedia of World History" or "World Religions". It may be a little dorky but I just smile. Seeing them enjoy books and read makes me happy.
Max started preschool earlier this month. He is a blackbird this year, much better then the pink bird which he was last year. Its hard to get excited about pink when you have a boy. He enjoys it - I think. It is MWF 9-2, so longer then last year but still good for him - I think. He has made a new friend named Ryan which makes me happy. He never has his own friends, only Bennett's so I was so excited to see him playing with someone....we even had Ryan over for a play date. Max is growing up, all of them are. :(

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Isn't it nice to know your kids love to learn? My boys are book lovers, too. Good job mom! :)

Anonymous said...

SHANNON, I MAY NOT LEAVE COMMENTS BUT I FOLLOW YOUR BLOG FAITHFULLY. I CHECK IT EVERY COUPLE OF DAYS AND AM THRILLED WHEN THERE IS A NEW POST. WE HAVE SUCH A LARGE FAMILY AND SO MUCH GOING ON IN EACH OF OUR LIVES THAT IT IS NICE TO BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH YOUR BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. LOVE YOU GUYS, AUNT TRACY

Robinson Roost said...

I do check your posts nearly every day. I love that you read books to the boys every night after scriptures. You do very well.

Anonymous said...

Not sure why at times I can publish a comment and other times I can't. I may not check your site every day but I do check it at least once a week. Love Mom

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates