Monday, September 28, 2009

ugliest thing I've seen

This has got to be the ugliest scar I have ever seen. We took Harris' bandages off today and this is what we found hiding beneath. Its even worse in person. The stitches are sticking out all over the place, the skin is all swollen and you can definitely see the cut. Harris wanted me to bandage it back up. He can't stand to look at it and hes very cautious with it. He will NOT use that hand at all. For those who didn't know Harris went back in for surgery last Monday. They were not able to fix his finger then, the tendons were a mess but they were able to do a small procedure that will hopefully be successful in 2 years when the doctors go back in and try to reattach a new tendon. Its complicated and I'm not good at explaining, the moral of the story is that even though the surgery didn't work it wasn't a total flop....we're pretty excited about the prospectives of not having to do a tendon graph.


4 comments:

Bobbi said...

That looks rough. Poor kid. I'm glad it wasn't a total flop. It sounds like you guys have a great Dr looking out for Harris. I hope it all works out in the end.

Hannah said...

Poor little guy! I hope it heals quickly.

Candria said...

OH my goodness! That is a crazy scar! How much "exploring" did they do? Crazy! Poor guy... Poor mom... I hope things improve! We've been wondering about you guys!

VALERIE said...

WOW that would take a good stomach to look at in person. I hope that it heals quickly and that in two years the next one will work but by then you never know what they will think of next.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates