Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Room 9




I decided to take Bennett to school today because I wasn't sure if he knew which room was his as he got off the bus. We went up to his school and saw his room but we can in through the back and the bus drops him off at the front. Anyway, we got ready, I made him the best breakfast ever. I made his lunch and tried to remind of everything that he needed to remember for the day. Off we went to his first full day of school. As we walked in I told him that I wanted to take him to school today to make sure he knew where his classroom was and I was going to show him where to go when he got off the bus so he needed to pay attention. He immediately said, "I'm in Room 9, I'll show you" and off he went. I followed him and he went right in to his desk and was ready for me to leave. I wasn't ready. I got a little teary-eyed but didn't let him see. He gave me the biggest longest hug a mother could ask for and then off I went. I worried all day about him. Would he remember to eat all of his lunch, would he remember to bring home his lunch bag, would he get off the bus at the right stop, etc. I'm happy to say we made it and he loved it.

3 comments:

Anjanette said...

You're such a good mama. Don't worry, I'm sure he's in good hands. His teacher is going to love him. What in the world are you going to do with only two boys at home?

Robinson Roost said...

Happy first day of first grade, Bennett. You look so grown up with your back pack on and it is a sure sign that you are in first grade when your front teeth are missing.
(I remember those anxieties, Shannon:(.)

VALERIE said...

I AM GLAD THAT YOU MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL. WE START TOMORROW. I CAN'T BELEIVE HOW FAST IT HAS GONE. KENADEE WILL BE IN 5TH GRADE AND DALLIN IS IN 3RD. WOW HOW THE TIME FLIES. BENNETT IS A SMART KID HE WILL DO GREAT IN WHAT EVER HE DOES. HE HAS GREAT PARENTS TO TEACH AND KIND HIM.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates