Thursday, February 26, 2009

Projects, projects, projects

I've been busy finishing up some projects so I thought I'd share with you, my friends. The first is a pear pincushion. I aboslutely love this. This pattern comes from Heather Baily who I have linked on my blog and its super easy, I love easy projects. This I made for my good friend Colette's birthday...if you could only see her old pin cushion. I'll take a picture and post it - she needs a new one, we'll just say that.

This next one is just a little pillow, nothing fancy but I like the colors. I made up a nursery for my other friend Cara who just had a baby and had left over material so I threw this together. I love to accent with buttons, they make it more dimentional. Maybe I should post pictures of the nusery too...hum....




This is one of my favorite ideas. I made this for Colette's little girl who is going to be 2 for her to haul around her little dolly's and girly stuff, whatever girly stuff is. This is actually a place mat. I found it at Target and loved the colors. It already has finished edges and a different back which makes for a really cute inside. I usually add more sturdy handles, that is what my scripture bag has (I can tell I need to post that too) but for the purpose of this bag I just used ribbon and added...you guessed it, BUTTONS!!


Anyway, I just thought I'd share. I'm also working on redoing some furniture that a neighbor had outside they were going to throw away. I'm so excited to get it finished. I love people's trash!! (Well, not really their trash......)


6 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so stinkin crafty! JEALOUS! I have not a crafty bone in my little body. Sad really. But I LOVE the pillow, super cute!

Rachel Ure said...

very, very wonderful! Not only do you sew well, but you know how to pick a project! these are great! I love the fabric and the placemat idea. gotta see these in real life...

jamie t. said...

They are all so cute! I love the pear, even though I don't sew and need a pin cushion. Maybe someday I'll learn to sew and commision you to make me a cushion!!

Hannah said...

You are amazing, Shan!! I wish I were as talented as you and liked it as much as you. You make the cutest stuff! Keep up the good work!!

Candria said...

Oh how I wish we lived closer so I could take lessons and steal ideas.... You are amazing. Love seeing this stuff! Keep on posting it!

Bobbi said...

Way cute stuff! I've made bags out of the place mats too - they are perfect for that. Cute. Cute.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates