Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Basement bathroom




So I am so excited about our bathroom. The boys love it too...they are upstairs and have to go and run downstairs. The curtain is actually a bed throw from Urban Outfitters but I absolutely love the green. It's super easy to make into a shower curtain so I know what we'll do next for Friday Group. The floor is really cool up close. Its Travertine but instead of cutting it square, we cut it long and put it really close together. Way cool! I still have to grout and put the cover on the drain but still, I love the floor. The vanity was only $99 if you can believe that and the toilet was only $50...it helps to have friends at Home Depot who tell us when things go on clearance. The walls are super white, I didn't want much color with the fun shower curtain. I probably will get a small white shag rug for the floor in front of the shower, I hate stepping out onto a cold floor with wet feet. I think I need to put something behind the toilet but I'm not sure if I should put a glass shelf for when company comes they can put their blow dryers, irons, etc on there or put a painting up and if a painting, what do I paint? The details take the longest.

10 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

that fqbric is great! love the dark wood mirror and vanity- classy! You will probably want a place to put blow-dryers...but maybe you can also do a little painting to set on the shelf? so happy for your cute cute house

Kristina said...

Love the bathroom. Super cute curtain print. I also love the vanity wood color. I luckily have firsthand knowledge of how talented that husband of yours is. I wish I could say my home benefited from your talents as well. Maybe I can have you over for some design ideas... Great room.

jamie t. said...

Love Love Love that shower curtain. I wish I could come to your Friday group so I could learn how to do it!

Anonymous said...

It looks so good! Love the fun colors, I may need to hire you to decorate my house!! (That means you have to come and visit though!)

Unknown said...

Ohhh, details on how to make a shower curtain. I hate all the ones that I have found. SUPER cute!

VALERIE said...

Looks great i totally love the picture in the mirror. HAHA It looks like a way fun bathroom. You guys do such a great job on all the improvments on your house.

Spencer Family said...

Your bathroom looks amazing!! I really love how you did the tile. It's beautiful! We'll need to talk to you about pricing out our upstairs bathroom.

Bobbi said...

Looks great, Shannon!

It looks like there's enough room to put a shelf and an painting. A small glass shelf right above the toilet and then the painting above it. If you paint something, I want to see it! :)

Hannah said...

Oh my word, Shan, I LOVE it!!! The floor is GORGEOUS!! You are so good! Yeah, I second Chelsea's idea - come on out and visit and help me decorate my house too!!

Anonymous said...

Love it! I love the vanity as well and knowing it was such a great deal, makes it even more attractive. I want to meet the floor up close and personal. It sounds really neat. Thanks for sharing.

Maddie

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates