I know I've shown these shelves before but I didn't get to give any details. First off, these are some paintings the boys did the other day for this spot over the shelves. I think they turned out pretty cute.


The we bought are acutally closet shelving. We really didn't want cheap ones but the ones that we really wanted were a lot more $$ then we wanted to spend. These aren't too bad, we got them at Home Depot. They are actually 5 different units that we pieced together. Marc also screwed them together and then to the wall. It seems that some shelves that you get that are a little cheap seem to be very wobbly which is really annoying, so he took care of that and its straight and secure, that in itself makes it look a lot nicer.

The baskets are my favorite part of the shelves. I got these from Land of Nod and I absolutely love them! They are plastic but has wire on the top. They are very durable and super cute. They have three different sizes and a ton of colors. Land of Nod is my new favorite Children's catalog. Oh, and the wall color, I can't remember if I talked about the color. No, its not white but a shell grey.

So here is our newest project. If you can guess what this hole is for then....well, I can't give anything away but I'll give you a high five whenever I see you!! I'll post that answer and picture tomorrow!!
I got a couple of comments about my shower curtain so I think I'll do a tutorial on how to make one, I just haven't gotten time to do it yet but I will!!
8 comments:
My guess is a place where the boys will be able to record how tall they are getting. Does that make sense. :)
Super cute. I really LOVE the pictures the boys painted. What a great idea! I don't have a clue what the hole is for. How about a pantry??? Can't wait!
I love how organized that is!! You are so good, Shan! Can't wait to hear what your next project is.
Looks good. I would love to have a little nook like that for all the toys.
It might help me to know where that "hole" is to guess what it could be. I'm gonna guess a laundry chute. And after all this remodeling I think I would like to see pics of your whole house. :) You're inspiring me to finally get on some of these projects I have.
Okay! Can we come move in too! Your place looks AMAZING! I cannot believe the difference! I especially LOVE the bathroom and the toy nook! So Kelly and I are guessing the hole is an air conditioner or a laundry shoot!
My guess is that you are making a laundry chute. I will arrive in St. Louis tomorrow, Feb. 11 at 8:25 PM. Can you pick me up?
Mmmmm> That's for the mormon husband to hide his xtra wives. I guess i'll go with laundry chute or food storage.
The basement is looking great Shannon. I love the shelves and all the colors you picked.
Maddy
The suspense is killing me!!!! My guess is a central vacuum. It all is looking so great. you are so creative. Way to go. And lucky you sounds like Kathy is coming to visit. So i read. Have a great time.
Post a Comment