Sunday, February 15, 2009

The answer to the hole in the wall....

Sorry I didn't post the answer right away, I'm sure you all lost a lot of sleep! My mother in law decided to come out and visit us. It was pretty much a surprise, she gave us 18 hours notice and I'm sure you can guess I was frantically cleaning and painting and finishing up all of our undone projects. We're so glad shes here!! And it was a laundry chute! Good guessing with such pathetic clues. Marc put a cabinet in and in the bottom cut a hole and put a little door on it so the children wouldn't fall in....that wouldn't be good. We freed up three closets that don't have to have laundry hampers. MOre room for shoes!

For Valentine's Day we had our friends the Finlinson's over for dinner and Marc called my mom and Brittany (Kathy was here too) and asked them to join us since they didn't have plans. Hes so sweet. He bought all of his valentine's (that would be 4) roses and made the best dinner! Him and Flint are amazing cooks, seriously, they are exotic and its better then any restaurant. We had spring rolls, fresh tomatoe and mozarella salad, Peppered Beef thing (I can't remember the name but it was yummy), grilled salmon covered in a Bourbon glaze...yummy! Excellent Green beans and potaotes with blue cheese in them and then for dessert Flint made the cutest raspberry, pear pie and the crush was all cut out in heart shapes!! It was a blast! Kathy and I made what my friend Patti calls "Poofs". They are tissue flowers that we hung for a little mood. They turned out really cute and took us 30 minutes...way fun!










We've had a lot of fun with Kathy here. She got to come to my Friday group which is always a blast, she got to be a party "grand" mom at Max's school for his Valentine's Party, see Bennett basketball game. We went to the Magic House and have just hung out. We're sad to see her leave tomorrow. Such a short visit.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So Cute! I am making those for Mariana's b-day.

Madeline

VALERIE said...

DARN i was so wrong on the guess!!! I think ry was right. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Marc can come and cook for us any time. The food sounded wonderful. I am glad that you had a great Valentines day. The boys are getting so big and they are very hansom.

Bobbi said...

Sweet! I was right. lol I always wanted a laundry chute. How fun that your marc's mom came to visit. I love that it was a surprise.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates