Wednesday, October 01, 2008

My latest addiction....

My latest addiction...painting and redoing my rooms. This painting is one that I did for the bathroom a little while ago. I have only done two other paintings in my entire life so I don't claim to be great, I just had a blank wall in my bathroom and a bunch of canvases downstairs so it was a cheap way to decorate and I actually kind of like it. One of the projects when it was my Friday, was to take my bedspread and make it into my shower curtain. I've been wanting to do this for about a year but never had time. Thank goodness for Friday Group. Colette did a great job! With this new curtain and painting the bathroom is finally finished, well, I could use some new rugs, but I love it.


While Colette was busy sewing my shower curtain for me, Michelle was making my labels for all my quilts, she probably did about 30 of them...now the big job of actually sewing them on! Laura was helping with the finishing touches of Harris' room. On this wall I had my sewing table and things but decided it was time to give Harris is own space so I painted the entire room this cool gray and had a little help from my good buddy to put her finishing touches...she's good eh? The picture really does this no justice. And what was I doing while all this progress was going on? Supervising!!! No, I was actually cleaning my stove and toilet. I wouldn't dare ask anyone to do those nasty jobs...well, maybe my fridge!

8 comments:

jamie t. said...

Very nice! I love to see other people's creative projects. It gives me ideas :) What is Friday group by the way?

Hannah said...

Oh my gosh! How fun!! I love the new paint colors and paintings. I just have to say to anyone else reading this, I have one of her other two paintings Shan's done. How special am I?!

VALERIE said...

THAT IS SO NICE. GREAT JOB ON ALL THE DECOR. WHAT A WONDERFUL GROUP OF PEOPLE TO HELP YOU WITH THE PROJECTS. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.

Brittany: said...

i mean your painting is ok.....just kidding sis!! it all looks great!

Kristina said...

So cute. I have the desire to do those things, but I never get past wanting. The doing always eludes me. I love your bird on a wire pictures. Great work!

Shannon said...

Just to clarify only because I cannot take credit for such great art work...the birds Laura did. If I was only that talented.

Anonymous said...

Yeah! My HGTV is back. Love the shower curtain

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!! Your tree is amazing. I love it. And the fridge wasn't that bad. Come see mine :)

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates