So this is my Friday group and why this is in a different text and color, I have no idea - anyway, I had some questions on what Friday group was so a quick explination is it is a "service" group. I say "service" but its really just ladies getting together chatting and doing a little work. There are 4 of us in a group and we meet every Friday and we rotate houses. We all get a Friday out of the month so mine is the 4th Friday, and when its our Friday we get to do whatever project we want. Yes we all have our kids there if they're not in school, but its not really that bad, they play and have fun. We work for about 2 to 2 1/2 hours, its great! So the cute lady in the pink at the sewing machine is Colette whos idea it was to start this group almost 2 years ago and whos house we were at on Friday....theres me, and then Michelle. We're working on covering a quilt for her boys room from an old velvet curtain. It turned out really nice and its super heavy, I'm a sucker for heavy blankets. Its amazing what you can find to reuse. Good thinking Colette!
Michelle got to do a little window cleaning too, doesn't she look so happy to do it? Shes a trooper!

And this is Laura, my 4th Friday friend. I love Laura, shes so crazy! She is shampooing Colette's carpet in her basement. Nothing like a carpet cleaner with a smile on their face!

We got a little extra help when our friend Patti who stopped by to say hello, shes sitting next to me working on the binding for the quilt. We also moved some furniture in Colette's family room to make room for her baby Grand Piano that was being delivered later that day. I think we did a pretty job yesterday!
3 comments:
I just love that idea! What a great way to get projects done and visit with one another. :)
That is GREAT! Explain to me how that all works, I could use some help every now and then.
Thanks for posting about this. I really need to get one of these going. Would you mind if I linked your blog on mine for my friends to look at and see if they want to do something like this?
Post a Comment