Thursday, June 03, 2010

When Dad is gone....

Marc left for Idaho. He won't be back until Monday. This is the first time he has left voluntarily for something fun. Not sure how I feel about that. He misses his family like crazy and I'm the one that told him to go but still, I can't help but feeling like, "hey....wait a minute here. I want a vacation too!" Either way, its mom and boy time - as if I don't get enough of that.

Do I dare do something dramatic in the house? I always love make overs but what would I do? I suppose I could make curtains for our room. Its only been 5 years since I've wanted some. I could a couple of simple things but will he even notice? Do I even waste my time with those things that he honestly won't even care about? Naaaa, I guess not.

Things that have made me laugh lately:

Harris thinks that my cleveage is a little pocket for his hands. He said, "I put my hand in your chest!" I had to explain to him that it was mommy's private and he shouldn't touch that area but that just confused him more. He told me that I was wrong and pointed to where my private was. Hmmm, we're working on it.

Bennett said yesterday that pretty much everyone in the world thinks hes cool. I told him he needs to be a little more humble. We're working on that too.

Max protects his bunny like she is his baby. He yells at Harris if he coughs on him. He rocks the bunny and kisses all over her. He talks all baby talk with her too. If you know anything about Max you would know this is very strange for him. We decided not to work on this, that this was actually a good thing.

I sold my nice Nissan van the other day. I am left driving Marc's suburban which is not what you would call eye candy. Nothing about this is actually funny at all, mostly embarrassing and humbling all at the same time. Did I mention there is no air in this vehicle? And Bennett has to sit in the front because the middle seat belt is broke. Oh, and the third seat has been removed and replaced with all of Marc's "stuff" piled to the ceiling. Its so high I can't even see out the back window. Oh yes, and the other day the drivers side door wouldn't close so I had to drive and hold the door closed at the same time.





2 comments:

Heather Davies said...

Your boys are so cute! Sounds like they have great senses of humor. Your description of Marc's suburban takes me back to our college days. I don't know if you remember my WT car also known as the flying car. We had to open the doors to get air. Windows wouldn't roll down and the AC was broken. haha

Chelsea said...

We are excited to see Marc tomorrow, but wish you all could have come! I am sure you look hot in the suburban, don't sell yourself short!

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates