Max did so good too. Max is painfully shy and hates, I mean hates any attention. He doesn't like when a bunch of people watch him or anything like that so I was concerned what he would do when 40 people's eyes were on him on the board. I didn't get any pictures of him because I was too busy "coaching" him through this anxiety.
He was the first diver of the very first dive meet he had ever been in so that didn't help the situation. He got up and looked at me and said he needed me to come by him. Everyone started to cheer for him. I was like, "no!! don't cheer for him", that only makes it worse. The longer he was on the board, the louder the cheers got. Even the announcer cheered for him. Well, he didn't do his front summersault but he DID do a front jump in the straight position (aka pencil jump). I was so proud of him. He didn't get any scores because he didn't do the jump/dive that was called but that didn't matter to him or me. His second dive went much better. It took him a minute but he did what he was suppose to do. I honestly teared up. That for him was sooo hard. He did though and I think he was pretty proud of himself. I was so proud of him. And yesterday was even better. Hes is getting more confidence in himself and I love to see that. He even let me dote on how wonderful he did. Normally I can't even tell him how proud I am because he doesn't like the attention...even from me.
Here is the chair cushion that I made Friday. I was the only one at my own Friday group. Michelle's had her sis in town, Laura's little boy had the chicken pox and Colette is off enjoying England for another 6 weeks. I decided though that I still need to get busy. Here is how it turned out. I am in love with this fabric. And its so cute on a little kids chair. Now if we could only get a girl to sit there it would fit perfectly!
Other randoms lately:
Max heard that the Dixie Chicks were coming to concert and he asked if we could go. I told him that they had to be 10 before I took them to a concert. Bennett said he hopes when hes 10 that the band Survivor (they sang the song "eye of the tiger") will tour to St. Louis.
The boys still love their bunny. Harry especially. He is so cute when he calls her, "here girl, here honey butter...you're so cute." He will hold her and rock her and sing "Rock a bye baby in the top tree..." very cute.
Marc is getting so old, I mean hes 30 1/2 now and as far a seniority (not age but "experience") he is #2 on the high council. Our good friends now just refer to him as #2. When they call they ask for "#2". Its pretty funny. Now sure what will happen when hes #1. #2 sounds so much better.
Thats all I can think of today. We're heading out on the boat when Marc gets home from work around 12 ish. Which really means 2:00. Ta-ta!
1 comment:
Hey Shannon! I found your blog again and just find what you do inspiring...have no idea how you do it all! Anyhow, I was thinking about getting a group to do fun things and just to have girl time...can you send me an email and let me know how your girl's group works? j_mohme@hotmail.com
Thanks!
Post a Comment