Thursday, June 17, 2010

Being helpful

Because I'm probably the meanest mom on the planet, I make my kids do chores. They have a list of things they do each day on top of reading time and homework. I told you I was mean....Anyway, last night it was time for them to unload the dishwasher again and they needed to put their laundry away. I was going out to call them inside to help when I caught this. They were giggling and having such a good time. Sometimes "helping" is actually just playing together nicely so things can get done around the house. Needless to say I did their chores for them. Since the summer break not much time goes by when I don't hear a scream or a yell or whining or fighting so for them to be playing together with smiles on their face for at least a half hour was really a gift. I'll take them in whichever way I can.

Car update.....I'm still driving Marc's suburban with NO air. He did finally take the ladder off the roof and cleaned it out and put the third row seat back in for me. We did find a suburban that I think we are going to buy. Not much of a step up from Marc's but it has air. We definitely won't win any popularity contests with our ride but it will be paid for. :)

2 comments:

THE NOTHUM'S said...

look at them with their haircuts! wow they miss me i think....ps. we set up a blog last night--CHECK IT OUT...thenothums is the name. thanks.

jamie t. said...

They look so sweet all together!

and don't worry about the car... the best feeling of all is that it will be paid for. Ya-hoo!

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates