For those who don't necessarily care about my basement, sorry I keep posting about it, we're a little excited over here. I can't promise this will be the last of the pictures of the basement but they will definitely slow down from here. The rest of the carpet was installed yesterday in the bedroom downstairs. This isn't the best picture in the world, it makes the room look really really small. Its small but there is a whole other section of the room (off to the left with a closet there too) that I didn't post. So here's the room. The one room that is completely finished is the food storage room and I'm going to have to show off Marc's handy work a little.

Here is a picture of the back of the storage room, the shelves on the right are just for our bins, clothes, holiday stuff, etc. but the storage against the wall is for our 9 month food storage. Notice theres not too much food...yet, but its there, we do have all the sugar we need for a year and just about all the wheat. Mostly the shelves support our popcorn popper, snow cone maker, cooler and Turkey fryer.

Here are the shelves Marc made a couple of years ago. They are built into the wall so they don't take up more space then is needed. We actually measured the cans that we had and built (when I say we, I mostly mean Marc) then according to those sizes. I think they're pretty awesome.

Here are the customized shelves Marc made for me for our three month food supply. It comes in handy when you have a husband is such so I sat down and calculated how much food we would need to live on for three months, then divided into how many meals I wanted to be cereal, or pancakes, or noodles, etc. I then took the days, for example, of the 60 days, 30 of them would be cereal for breakfast, I estimated how many boxes we would need (about 30) and then measured the box and times that by 30...are you still with me? Anyway, we built them according to our need for the three months. As you can see, they're not filled up yet but they are all labeled on the sides and ready for our three months!!!! Its really pretty easy and I'm more then happy to go into more detail how I like to do our food storage and how to calculate how much you would need for how many meals.... anyway.


Here is the view from the family room, I don't think that room has ever been so clean and organized. Under the steps (behind the left of the door) we have our freezer and water barrels and a little room for other storage. This room is so exactly organized if we add one more thing it will throw everything off!!! We'll see how well this stays this way, I'll take a picture in a month and guarantee it looks like a disaster.
Well, thats it, thats all the pictures I really wanted to share of the basement. When we get some cool things I'll post more on that but until them, back to posting on the only thing I know...my children.
4 comments:
Wow, your storage room looks AWESOME!! What a great feeling you must have to be so organized! I am so happy for you guys!!!
again - basement envy!! Looks so great! Isn't it nice having a handy husband? :)
Are you kidding me, I love it! You are amazing! Our food storage consists of what is currently in our cupboards (which isn't much). Our backup plan is to drive/ride bikes/walk 5 hours north to my parent's house...where they are food storage followers too. Hopefully we won't have to do that anytime soon. Something tells me that all that stress might not be good for a pregnant lady.
WHAT A GREAT JOB. MARC SHOULD HIRE OUT.HAHAHAHA THAT IS GREAT I HOPE THAT SOME DAY I HAVE A ROOM JUST FOR THE FOOD STORAGE. BUT FOR NOW UNDER THE KIDS BEDS WILL HAVE TO DO.
Post a Comment