Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It doesn't surprise me

Curriculum Night at school. Its the same thing every year, just different teachers and different material. But I go because I love my children and I want to be involved.
This year since we have two, I'm making Marc attend one night and he choose Kindergarten. Figures....they'll probably hand out snacks or something.
Last night was Bennett's and I came home with 3 funny stories that I just have to write down and share. And knowing its coming from Bennett, none of this should surprise anyone!
Bennett's teacher came up to me before the meeting started and said she had a story to tell me. Of course I rolled my eyes and thought, "oh boy". I can't tell you how many "stories" teachers have told me over the year.
1. Bennett "Mrs. Sckubic, my dad doesn't understand when you say 'you screwed it!'"
Mrs. Sckubic, "Bennett.....I don't think I've ever said that....."
B: "Yeah, you know, when we do something you say, 'you screwed it'"
M.S.: "ahhh -(thinking, have I ever said that), Bennett, I don't remember saying that"
B: "You know - when we get something right you pump your fist in the air and say, 'you screwed it!!'"
M.S.: (pumping her fist in the air); "its, 'you nailed it!'
B: Right.
2. All the kids got to draw and write a little sheet about themselves to display on the wall.
Here is a little of what Bennett's said,
Favorite animal: Comodo Dragon
I'm good at: Playing the Wii
Heres the kicker -
What I want to be when I grow up: Bon Jovi band member.
Classic Bennett
3. This is what was written in Bennett's journal writing.
" I love to go to the skate park. Me, Harris, Max and Dad do sweet moves on the ramps. Mom just sits on the table because her belly is really big."
Thanks Bennett.

11 comments:

Robinson Roost said...

Does Bennett's teacher know that his dad is a carpenter? That makes all the difference. Grandpa said to tell Bennett that Justin's upbringing was similar to the nail and screw concept when he was asked to define an acre. He said "6 rows". Ask Marc to explain if you don't get it.

Unknown said...

O THATS FUNNY!!
GOT TO LOVE THAT KID!

Candria said...

I can totally relate to the 'dreading stories'. When Ryman was in sunbeams I made Dean pick him up each week because I didn't want to hear anymore 'stories'! And now parent teacher conferences... They smile when I walk in and say, " I just have to tell you something before we start...." Cute kids!

VALERIE said...

Thanks for the great laugh. How wonderful that there are so many things that make you laugh. Some day they will be priceless. And they will be what makes you really smile when you think of him. You gotta love the Robinson coming out of him. We all know where they get it. That is why we love them.

Lisa said...

What a great kid! You've gotta love the things they come up with! That's just awesome!

Kim Keate said...

LOVE that Bennett!

Heather Davies said...

These are hilarious! I especially like the last one. Kids can be so brutal! :)

Bobbi said...

Funny stuff! :)

Chelsea said...

How funny! Good laugh, sorry its to your expense!

Janell said...

Just think...those comments are only by Bennett, just think of all the other things we hear. I need to start writing them down for a book!

Hannah said...

Bennett is awesome! What a funny kid!!!

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates