....something big and black. Do you spot it??????

Yep, its a piano. A piano that is new to us. We just got it yesterday. We found it on Craigslist for FREE. Thats right, I said FREE!!! Marc has an apt where he can put in what he wants to search for in Craigslist - in this case a free piano and when one is posted it sends him an instant text or email. Bam...just like that. We had to drive (we as in Marc and Max) 50 miles one way to get it but it was so worth it.
The boys couldn't be more excited. Max has been wanting to take lessons for a while now but we didn't want to spend $$ on a piano just yet. Lucky for us we didn't...well, not technically unless you count the gas we spent on driving.

Its a Stark piano. Solid, "work horse" as my dad called it today. He is a music/band nerd so I suppose that is his way of saying that it was a really good find. We think it was made in the 1950's. There are barely any scratches or dings. The only reason you can tell its older is that the keys are a little yellow. Not chipped though.

The boys are pretty proud when they sit down to "play". I tried to play a little...and a little is all that happened. Its been wayyyyy too long. We will be starting lessons very soon.
3 comments:
I can not TELL you how JEALOUS I am!!!! That is awesome!
That is great news. Good for you. I love how you always find great deals.
That's so exciting!!! So perfect for your aspiring musicians.
Post a Comment