Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Face Lift

The boys have been saving their money and decided just last weekend that each wanted to cash their stash in. Bennett bought some pokemon cards on ebay, Harris bought a hot wheels race track thing, and Max...my Max bought himself a Venus Fly Trap - geniuously named Venus. We went to a nursery to pick out flower a week earlier and he saw them there and just couldn't stop talking about them. I told them if he wanted one he could bring in his money and buy one.

He just couldn't wait on Saturday. He ran straight to the plants and picked out the best one. Bought a little pot and here it sits. This plant is pretty amazing. Anything that gets inside it's "mouth", it can feel and immediately shuts down on it. Its been raining and so there haven't been many bugs crusin' around for Max to find for the plant. We did find a plump caterpillar that the plant dissolved within 3 days. CRAZY!! Max loves it though. I love that little guy and the way his brain thinks.
We gave our family room a face lift. I so wish I has a super nice camera because this rooms looks so much better then the picture is showing. I got this fabric at Ikea and they make the coolest curtains ever. The lamp is from there too and you can't really see the detail on the shade but its sort of woven...super modern. This piece of furniture is one of the pieces I found for free on the side of the road about a year ago that I painted. The two orange accents and white vase are new. I put some purple flowers in for color. I'm wanting to accent too with a couple of green items...hence the green books on our log. I just haven't had time to make a fun green pillow to throw on the couch.

I plan to repaint this room and to do a new painting so when the wall behind this picture is done I'll post that too. I used to not really like the black leather couches but now with just the right fabric I love them, this room has come alive. It matches my table, my lamp, my couches, everything. Amazing what a small $50 will do to a room.

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

I love the new plant! That would be fun with a house full of boys. :) I may just have to get us one. And your family room is cute. I am in love with your log. Does it just sit on the bare floor or is there something under it?

Robinson Roost said...

Where did Max learn about Venur Fly Traps? I love it and I have plenty of bugs to send him. How about mice?
I love the drapes! They are perfect to tie everything together.

Robinson Roost said...

Correction: Venus Fly Traps

Anonymous said...

Love the face lift! Im still looking for some logs for my living room! :) I need you and your friday group to fly out to utah and help me give my house a face lift! ;) Is that to much to ask???

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates