Monday, October 12, 2009

What I've been up to

I've been working on a couple of projects around here. Mostly Brittany's shower stuff - you should see how beautiful her quilt is. As soon as I get it back from the quilter I'll post pictures. I've made a way cute banner and I'm making table toppers as well. I'm so excited to see how everything will come together.
In the mean time I've been doing a little fall sewing. I found this fall material in Idaho and there was something about it that reminded me of harvest and being out there so I bought it and made it into a little throw. Its not bound yet....hopefully by the end of the week. I thought an "R" would personalize it more - I think it turned out fairly well.

This Halloween door hanger is something Max asked me to make. Its hard when you love to make things like purses and bags, and cutsie girl stuff - but yet have no girl to make them for. So when my little boy went to the fabric shop with me and saw some material and asked me to make him something, I jumped right on that. I did a lot of hand work on this. I think I'll add a little bit each year until the whole thing has handwork on it. This isn't bound yet either, but will be....thats the goal anyway. Max is excited about it so I'm sure he'll keep me focused. Speaking of focus, that will be the title of my next post. Lots of things happening here at the Robinson's. If anyone out there is making cute crafts, let me know, I always love to see what other people are doing. I get great ideas. For those who are looking for cute ideas I have three blogs that are always posting way cute things to make - too many! Feel free to look!


7 comments:

Anjanette said...

so so so cute. You never fail to completely impress me with your mad sewing abilities. The R is a great touch. and...there is something magical about idaho fabric.

Christine said...

Shannon, that quilt is beautiful! And the hanger is pretty neat looking too!

Robinson Roost said...

Nice work Shan. Such talent you have!

Heather Davies said...

Wow, Shan those are awesome! Totally inspiring. 2 cute fall blankets! Makes me itch to make one, too! :)

Candria said...

When did you say we were becoming neighbors?.....
I need to feed from your amazing talents!

Bobbi said...

Thanks for making this post. You are amazingly talented. I love the Halloween blankie. So cute!

Unknown said...

Look how stinkn cute and crafty you are! And i am loving your hair in all your pictures.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates