Monday, October 26, 2009

So fun, so cheap, so cute

I'm in charge of the "goodie" bag for Max's Halloween party. The most annoying thing in the world is when parents stuff cheap, loud, obnoxious toys in these bags. Toys that give you head aches and toys that will break with in the hour of them playing with it. Why waste your money?

My newest obsession? Modge Podge. I'll post the other things that I've made with my new discovery. These are little canvas' made into magnets. It's hard to tell how really cute they are but trust me...they are. And guess what? No noise and they won't break. They just sit there and look pretty.

























After I posted the close up I noticed my hot glue string - ignore that, I removed it. Nothing drives me more crazy (besides the obnoxious cheap toys) is hot glue string hanging everywhere. Now that I've made my disclosure on that I can tell you how to do it. Get the size of canvas you want to work with. Paint the background. In the mean time go through magazines, cutting out whatever it is you want. Letters, pictures, etc. Get GLOSSY modge podge and cover your working surface generously. Place ontop of the paste your cut outs and then add another layer of paste using your fingers to smooth over the pictures. Let dry....voila!! I bought magnets and the craft store and hot glued them to the back. Fun huh?

5 comments:

Robinson Roost said...

Way cute Shannon.

Chelsea said...

Very cute! I am already understanding the concept of annoying toy noises and we don't even have that many and he doesn't even know how the noise was triggered, but they drive me crazy! Also love the warning Harris gives, funny boy!

Rachel Ure said...

love that you're getting messy and having fun with the
modge podge- it is addicting!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cute Shannon! I love modge-podge. I have made some cute things for the kids room with it.

Bobbi said...

I love mod podge. So many fun uses. And I love the idea of the little canvases. Very cute!

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates