Disclaimer first: Don't get me wrong. I wouldn't change my life right now for anything.
I was thinking today and reminising about our days in Sugar City, Idaho. What I would give to go back to that time on certain days and today is one of those. We didn't have a care of worry. Sure we were in school but honestly, those were the easiest days. No money so we didn't have to worry about money, no job so we didn't have to worry about being laid off. We enjoyed our time haning out in parachutes flying over the beautiful mountains.

Went for walks when it was nice and warm but still cool enough to have snow on the ground and in the mountains. You could see the Tetons from our back yard. It is so beautiful there. Did I mention we could pretty much walk in the middle of our road without having to worry about anything but the canal.

We could go up to the farm and help and let the kids experience farm life. Here Bennett is helping drive truck. We're so proud.

Our poor mans dinner was steak and potatoes thanks to Kathy and Larid. We got half a cow and as many potatoes as we wanted. Not to mention the food stamps. Not that I'm promoting living off of food stamps but for the year we were on them - lets just say we've never eaten so good.

We had four wheelers and a scooter we could ride down the road to Marc's brothers home. I had fun driving the scooter into town to school, that was a fun little ride. No car payments, there is something to say about that.

We didn't have to worry about owning a small business, about health insurance, about bills, about our basement that has been newly remodeled and leaks, about all of our silly computers that don't work. Life was easy then. Ah (sigh), just for a day I would like to go back.
6 comments:
I hear you Shannon! I have days that I too feel a little homesick for that phase of our life. Those pictures bring back lots of memories from when you lived there and when you let us live there. Good times....
If you ever consider moving back, Jerome isn't too far away for us and the kiddos to play.... Of course it would probably be our husbands that would do most of the playing.... Loved your post!
Life is easier way back when. Sorry about the leaking basement. That is horrible. I am your new visiting teacher, by the way! AWESOME! We can't wait to come teach you-and by teach I mean play!
Amen to that! I miss Idaho like crazy!
Those WERE the days, weren't they? I hear ya about wanting to go back. I often dream about life with no kids. lol But they are pretty fun most days and I wouldn't trade them for anything.
It sound like you are under a bit of stress right now. I hope things are okay. Let us know if we can do anything for you.
You could kill that urge and come and visit! I would drive my 2 hours to see you I promise! Hint, hint :)
I will start looking for a house!
Post a Comment