Marc and I have been working on his new web site and I could use a little help from my faithful viewers and friends. I know I need to do some more spell checking and some of the links are active yet but I would love your ideas or comments. Go to www.yourhomefix.com. If you wait a couple of seconds the pictures will automatically change. I think they need to change quicker but haven't gotten to changing that. A lot of the pictures are just from our home because I haven't gotten out to take pictures from the jobs hes done. The fireplace isn't ours nor are any of the kitchen remodels or the built ins. Hes done some really cool things so I need to get my tush off the couch and snap those shots. The Repair, Contact and About Us are the only links that work right now. Please send feedback...everybody, we need to get this up and running. Just so you know our goal is for it to look nice but not too stuffy. Not that we don't want it to be professional but we want to it show our personality.
Thanks in advance,
Your Homefix pals!
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago
3 comments:
i like the colors- i like the laid back feel. I thought, ok- if i wanted someone to redue my kitchen, how do i quickly see some of his before and after work. The pictures feel a little unspecific or unclear- i was looking for some place where i could quickly and easily brows actual work done. I know he is getting started- but more pictures in specific catagories would be nice. Also, I had a hard time getting some buttons to work consistently ( repair -remodel)
When i enter your site i need to see something amazing right away. Are you expecting your web address to come up on internet searches? Make sure you have key words like st. louis, remodling ...I don't know how you do that- but you have to somehow get random people to find you.
I am no pro, but i do know that if a site isn't quickly accessible then i just don't have patience to wait. I saw some good pics at the beginning but then wasn't able to find them again. all i could really get into was a lot of writing.
I am convinced that you guys will work out the bugs and create a site that is friendly and accessible. I still feel like the nicest - most professional you can make your site the better it will read. You want people to enter your site and say "oooo- this is nice- this guy puts out polished tight work and hey- he also will give me a good deal."
HI! So, not a lot of comments for your site, (the girl above gave some good ones!) just that I really want mark to come and finish our upstairs - great idea huh:) I just read about your poor baby - and can I say I'm so sorry! That must have been traumatizing to say the least - i'm glad he's doing better -
When I'm looking at a site like this I want to see the before and after, side by side. I think the pictures change at a good rate - maybe a touch faster but if you had side by side comparisons then I would leave it. That would give your clients a chance to study all the work done. You may want to make a seperate "gallery" of pictures instead of all those right on your homepage. Maybe one drastic before and after to get their attention.
Overall, I think it looks good. There are some grammar issues but I think you said that's all still being worked on. I hope it gets you the traffic you need. Does he do jobs in Idaho? ;)
Post a Comment