This picture is of Harry after surger. The arm with the cast is under his blanket. The other hand still had the IV in it. He woke up just made as the dickens in the recovery room so I ran back there and tried to calm him down. He would not have it. THe medicine finally kicked in and he fell asleep for about an hour in his room so that was nice that he got to rest.
The Verdict: 2 severed tendens and 1 severed nerve. He has to wear this cast (see below) for 5 weeks! The surgeon was great and was optimistic but there is a probability that he will not have full movement in his finger. We'll see, I'm sure everything will be fine. We will have to do a little rehab with him but I think he'll recover great. I'm just worried about the next couple of weeks. That cast is so heavy and he doesn't understand what is going on, hes too little. I'm just not sure how to help him except love on him. THanks for all your concerns. I'm sure I'll post more pictures later.
OH, what do I put him in, as far as shirts. Tonight to sleep in, hes in Max's shirt.
9 comments:
Oh my gosh, could that cast be any bigger? Poor guy. Hopefully he doesn't learn to use it as a bat on Bennett and Max, hope everything turns out well!
Harris,
There was a little man in the middle of the woods.....
I will call you and we will sing it together.
Shan, I will be looking for button up summer shirts for you. I am so sorry all of this happened but am very glad we have good medical specialists! Love to all.
Oh my! I disconect from Cyber space for a few days and look what I found. I was coming for my HGTV fix. I am so sorry to hear about Harris. Coincidentally, Tim just left to do a similar case. Will pray for a speedy and uneventful recovery. Call if you have any questions Tim is mr hands and nerves specialist. it sounds like you were in great hands though.
I gotta add, Harris looks so stinking cute in his hospital gown!
Maddy
i am thinking that bennett and max had better not make him mad i think he has a good beating tool in a few weeks when it feels better glad to hear it went well hope he heals fast
Oh my gosh, that cast is huge! Poor little fella. Well, I'm glad to hear that things went well. What a tough and brave guy he is.
oh my! How hard! We missed you at enrichment- everyone was so concerned for your little family. Good thing kids are resilient... we will pray for a smooth recovery!
We were all thinking of you last night. So sorry for little Harris. I love the comments about his new "bat". Max and Bennett really better watch out! Hope he heals quickly.
my goodness! What a tough little guy! I am glad the surgery went well!
Post a Comment