Friday, March 13, 2009

Moving on

We started this project before the whole IUD MIA. Which by the way apparently I need to apologize for showing such gross and private pictures because some people were grossed out by it...mostly my husband. So if I've hurt our relationship and you look at me different now that you've seen my ovaries....sorry, truly.

We found this piece of furniture on the side of the road right down the street. There were two pieces with a free sign on them. I drove by and thought "I could use that!". Got my handy husband to pick them both up and went to work. The other piece of furniture is done but I need to find the handles I like so I'll post that picture later. Here it is before and ............................
Here it is after. It really looks much better in person, I can't get my camera to take great photos inside. Pretty fun huh?! I still haven't decided what to put on top of it. I think I want to keep it pretty simple, not cluttery but I want to add some color. Maybe a bright green bowl or something in the middle and lose the clock and little wooden tool thingy (which I would have thrown away years ago but its the only "nick nak" Marc likes). Any suggestions? I did want some lamps but when I went back to get them they were gone, bummer. I thought about having a smaller lamp on each end but I'm not so sure now. I do want to get rid of the stand up lamp, it just bothers me, don't know why, but I feel like its a blast from the 1990's. Call me crazy, you wouldn't be the first.





3 comments:

Rachel Ure said...

ooooo! I love this kind of steal! Paint is a wonderful thing!!!!! turns trash into treasure. I am not good at decorating, so i won't even try to offer advice- other than this- you have good instincts ,and it's your house- you have to see it everyday- so do something that makes you happy. by-the-way love the ovary shots- that whole thing was crazy!

VALERIE said...

Totally love the lamp idea. but maybe just one in the middle. A very lovely lamp would be nice. I am sure that you can figure one out some where, you are very creative like that. LOVE THE NEW STEAL. How are you feeling by the way. It totally didn't gross us out.I found it very interesting.

Robinson Roost said...

Nice cabinet. You did a great job of refinishing it. And, FYI, your interior photos are some of the best I have seen and I work in a OB/GYN office! (Everyone there thought they were impressive too.)

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates