Friday, January 22, 2010

Vicious Cycle

I have to be really really motivated to do things. I'm not necessarily lazy but if its something I'm not passionate about or don't believe it I don't try very hard. Saying that, I will be really motivated and start many things but seem to fizzle out shortly after wards. So here we go again....I feel disgusting so I am now motivated (again) to work out. Not sure what the trigger was, I didn't feel this way yesterday at all. Maybe it was the box of cheeze-its I ate today or the handful of Doritos or maybe its how flattering I look in my sweatpants lately. I know, sweatpants aren't necessarily flattering on anyone but I just feel disgusting. I'm not sure why it is that I seem to quit everything that I start. Ok, not everything, but most things. I'm looking for motivation, maybe a support group, something to keep me going this time. My mornings are so booked that I really don't have time for a gym. Looks like the 5:30 work out with P90X is my only option....boy am I dreading it but I know at the same time will love every minute of it. What do I do when I hit that 7 week wall and want to give up. Anyone have experience with this or am I the only quiter/loser/lazy person out there?!

5 comments:

Bobbi said...

No. You are not alone. I get this way too. It's all too easy to put yourself on the back burner with lots of small children running around and a family to take care of. I have been running with a friend at 5:45am 3x a week. That is just about the only time there is available to myself. Then other mornings, Maggie and Wilson watch as I hop along to a work out video of some sort. I try not to kick them too hard. ;) I get so energized by working out but it takes so much effort to start. Every morning when that alarm goes off I am tempted to call my friend and say I can't go. Every morning. It's hard to give up that sleep. And the first 15 minutes I always want to turn around and go back home. But I keep going and by the end I'm loving it.

Anyway... all that to say, you are not alone. But I think sticking with it is key. Make it part of your everyday routine and even have part of your day/week carved out for crafting/sewing/decorating/whatever.

I'll join your support group :) I need it too.

Hannah said...

I've got the same problem. That's why I started my exercise group. I'm in charge of it, so I have to be there and it's made all the difference for me.

My suggestion, get some other ladies to come to your house to do P90X with you. All of the kids can play while you ladies work out. And it's so much more fun to work out with friends. WAY MORE FUN!!

We get together everyday right after school starts and exercise for an hour. We all love it.

If you are in charge of something, you have to do it. That's my suggestion. Hope it helps!

VALERIE said...

I HAVE NO SUGGESTIONS FOR YOU. I AM THE SAME WAY IF I HAD TO EXERCISE I WOULD BE IN BIG TROUBLE. BECAUSE IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN.

Chelsea said...

Oh I feel your pain! We started doing P90X last week, I would wait for Jake to get home and we would do it after work, we did good for....umm 1 week, then we all got sick and having Tony tell me "Bring It" makes me want to throw up even more. If only my stretched out baby belly would go tight on its on! Really all I want is a chocolate chip cookie or 10 and I am sure I would feel better! Also, now that I have to be to clinicals at 6:50am and usually don't get home until 8pm, exercising doesn't sound that appealling again. Good luck, let me know when you find that thing that keeps you motivated please!

Heather Davies said...

Oh, I feel like I'm always losing the same 5 pounds! It's kinda ridiculous! I find if I try to set smaller goals I can actually reach them...like eating 1 serving of fruits and vegetables a day or drinking more water or exercising 3 times in a week. It doesn't always work, but it makes me feel better when I can actually achieve a goal.
P.S. You look great, so I don't think you have much to worry about! :)

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates