The older I get the less exciting birthdays get. I have to admit to being a little bit of a princess and wanting to be pampered and having attention. As the birthday numbers are increasing the less fun they have becoming. I've just accepted that. Well, this year was probably one of the best birthdays ever. Not only did I get to get away for the weekend with a dear friend but I got to spend that time shopping at my most favorite store. We arrived in Chicago about 8:30. We got into our jammies and got into our beds and watched Miss Congeniality, talked until 2 in the morning while eating Sour Cream and Onion pringles and Swedish Fish. We laughed so hard, no piddling, but still, a very good time. Woke up the next morning without having children screaming or fighting or needing us - that was so nice. We spent the whole day at Ikea. I can't even tell you how much fun we had.
I came home to the smell of pine sol and comet. Marc was scrubbing the shower when I got home. The house was completely cleaned, candles were lit, it was so nice. I looked in the boys room and wanted to say hi to Bennett who I knew was still up but they weren't in there. I asked where the boys were and he took me downstairs. Our plan was to move Bennett and Max downstairs but there was still much I needed to do to the room. Needless to say the boys were down there. Marc had painted the entire room the color that I had picked out, finished the trim, designed and made Max's bed and had it installed in the wall. I couldn't believe it. He is the best husband. All of this even before my actual birthday.
Even though he spent all my birthday at church meetings, he still found time to come home and make us dinner before he left for his evening meeting. What a great man. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes....it was the best 29th birthday I'll ever have. ;)
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago
7 comments:
How sweet! Does he give workshops to other husbands? Happy Birthday! it sounded like my type of day. Who did you go with? BTW your family pics looks fab
Love,
Madeline
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Mom's deserve good birthdays, we work and love extra!
WE HOPE THAT YOUHAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY. iT SOUNDS LIKE YOU DID. I HAVE SEEN COMMERCIALS ABOUT IKEA LOOKS LIKE A GREAT PLACE TO HANG OUT FOR THE DAY. HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM US.
What a wonderful birthday!!! And what a super hubby you have! I'm glad you had such a fun time!!
Hey did you get my e-mail? I got the first one back. I think your mailbox is being a little snobbish.
Maddy
Sweet! You have a great hubby right there. :) I'm glad you had a good weekend and I can't wait to see pics! Happy Birthday!
What a great weekend! You totally deserved it. What an awesome hubby! Looks like he knows what a great wife he's got! Happy Birthday!!
Post a Comment