Saturday, November 21, 2009

What a couple minutes can do for the soul

I'm not sure what it is about this time of year that gets me reflecting. Sure its Thanksgiving and its a time of reflection and gratitude, but I don't think that is what it is that turns my mind back in time. Maybe the quiet (I only get that about 1 hour a week) cool fall days where all you really want to do it sit on the couch and look at the leaves outside and think. Or maybe not think, just be.

I don't think a blog is the best place to pour out my soul and feelings and reflections - but it is nice to make time to that every once in a while, even if its just pouring out your soul to just yourself. Its interesting when I get worked up about something - anything....we all have our things and issues. Or I get wrapped up in an idea or situation or I find myself singing the "wo'is me" song - and as soon as I find myself so wrapped up in just me and my little world and what I think is important I am hit with something so small that it knocks me to my senses. And then I think...that, that is what really matters - not poor me and how I need more space in my home or poor me I think I am gaining weight or poor me my child are crazy...how about thank you Lord for giving me a home and a body that is able and healthy and thank you Lord for healthy beautiful children. I need more of those moments where I realize what really matters. I had one of those today. My life is pretty good. For some reason I've been extremely blessed....I'm not sure why, but it has - not that I don't go through trials and frustrations and hard times but maybe I'm starting to look and handle them differently then I did before.

My goal for this week to take 15 minutes everyday to just sit and ponder and think.... and just be. You should try it too.

1 comment:

Robinson Roost said...

Thanks Shannon. I needed that at just this moment.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates