Maxwell loves animals, he is so happy when hes around them. We had a dog for a while but it was bigger and I just couldn't stand him (and his hair) in the house anymore but Max lOVED him, he layed on him and snuggled him, it was his friend. Now that Bennett is in school and Max is home more without Ben, he is lost, he just lays on the floor and waits for Bennett to come home, its kind of sad. I ask him if hes bored and he says no but I think hes lonely and wants a friend - other then mom and Harris. Heres the question....should we get him a kitty? He loves kitties too, grandma Robinson had some on the farm and he was so sweet to them but they are smaller and do you think he'll smother them? Are cats stinky? Are they a pain? Do they shed? I have to decide by Friday and I'm still up in the air about it. Any thoughts, any experiences with kitties and kiddies??
4 comments:
I am and always will be a dog person. Cats are very stinky, messy (who wants to clean a litter box?), and shed A TON. Our dog had to go due to her shedding problem, but we want Nolan to have something. They have little mix breeds that don't shed, are hypoallergenic, and are super good with kids. I would suggest that over a kitty. Cats can also be uninterested in young kids. We are thinking about a little dog like a bichon/shi tzu mix. I have NEVER had a little dog, but maybe it would work. Sorry that I am so opinionated!
Male cats are super stinky. We used to always have a cat growing up, but NEVER in the house. My sister has two in her house and there is fur EVERYWHERE! She can't buy certain clothes due to the cat hair problem. Another sister has a maltese, which is a little dog that does not shed. Well, he might a little, but more like how people shed their hair. Anyway, she loves her dog and he loves her. Cats will only love you when they feel like it, and they are more prone to scratching and biting when you bother it when it's not in the mood for you. Hope that helps!
I must agree with Hannah about the cats. They shed terribly and for as long as we have had them and fed them and held them, they will turn on me spitting and scratching for any unknown reason.
ML's Baxter is a maltese. He does shed more than I like but not like our German Shepherd or Elroy did. He has always seemed a little fragile to me though. How about an English Pug? Would you like any more recommendations?
Why not just brake them with a mastiff dog. You can ride them when the dog gets older you get two pets for the price of one. Dallin rides our mastiff the kids love them and they are very gentle dogs. Seriously i would go a dog they are more loyal to you and your kids and they would be very protective of your kids.
Post a Comment