Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A couple of things according to Shannon Robinson

First off let me say thank you to all of those who commented about the kitty, we will no longer be entertaining that idea...I suppose Maxwell will just have to wait for a little dog.

Second, I feel the need to voice my little opinion about the election since I think I'm in the minority of this group of people and friends that check my blog. I'm not about to sit here and claim that I know EVERYTHING about EVERY candidate or even know how they figure out how the states get so many electoral votes, I don't really know much about government. I did my part and did research the candidates a little on the site that has their voting record trying to stay clear of all the press on the "he said, she said" stuff because that to me is just too confusing. And maybe saying this will get me dirty looks and whispers at church but I've had a little sick feeling in my stomach all morning and feel the need to explain, not the population of voters, but at least explain why I voted for Obama. Do I support gays? NO, Do I support abortion? Absolutely not and whos to say that he does...really, I think politicians are all alike, they'll say in a situation what those people want to hear to get their votes and honestly those weren't my concern, those were very small issues to me. I'm more Anti-war then Pro wickedness. I'm not a bad person and I've had a lot of "You did???!!!!" coming from people when they've asked who I've voted for and they continue to explain to me what Obama stands for. I'd just like to express what I feel in my heart he stands for....I think he is a sincere man who loves his family and children. Last night I saw in his eyes pure humility and graciousness, it was his countinance and pure human nature that won my vote, not his talk on gas and economy. It was a feeling in my heart, thats all. I was proud to have voted for him and proud to live in a country that fights for the goodness of their people and I think both candidates want that. I like how Obama always talked about the small things making the biggest difference...us helping our neighbors and serving, that is what will make the change, he referred to the change as something "we can do", not just him...it made me feel apart of something bigger. Are politicians perfect? Not even close but I really believe that he will try his very best to do whats best for me and my family...thats all, no talk on gays, abortion, taxes, etc., besides a President can't pass that anyway. I will say I am not a big fan of Joe Biden but absoltuely love Sarah Palin (for those who care about my opinion). The only issue I really cared about was the war, I think its a big waste of money that we need here. I'm not wanting any comments on the process of issues being passed or what Obama really believes or said, I just wanted to express my feelings and opinion - thats all it is, my opinion - on why I voted for him.

Phew!!! I feel better now. On a little lighter note Bennett had an election that was apart of a nation wide school vote and I asked him who he voted for. He said "Barack Obama". I asked him why and he said because he looks nice and he likes his ears. He also said he looks like a "China President"...I'm not sure what that means. He got his sticker and was so proud. I'm grateful that the schools are instilling this important priviledge that we have in this country to take our rights to the polls. He also got a free donute at Krispy Kreme because he voted and that was a plus!!

On a much lighter note, we woke up this morning and it was aboslutely beautiful, I walked the kids to the bus stop (as in kid"s" I mean Bennett and my neighbor that comes over in the morning) and when we got back we noticed a dead racoon in our carport. It was fairly large and it looked like it had been attacked. I think Elroy (our old dog) got lose from his new home and killed the racoon and left it in our carport as a present...THANKS Elroy. And who says being in the city is being far from the wild!!!

4 comments:

Bobbi said...

Barrett came home with his "I voted" sticker and was so excited about it, too. I asked him who he voted for and he couldn't remember. lol Funny kid.

Even though I didn't vote for Obama I can respect your opinion and why you did. :) No hard feelings, here. ;)

Robinson Roost said...

Sooo, now we see the real Elroy! A koon killer.
Nice election comments, Shan.

VALERIE said...

I am Curious.... you said little dog... what is wrong with a BIG dog... we could set you up with one.HAHAHA

Hannah said...

Shan, way to go posting you thoughts on the election. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, just what you feel is right. I voted for Obama too for many of the same reasons you did. I do consider myself a Republican, but I'm not going to vote Republican because that's what I am. I'm going to vote for who I think is the best candidate. That's all that matters, what you think! Don't feel bad about that!!

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates