Today is not so good of a day. I'm extremely discouraged and had the thought of getting my tubes tied...you know those days, don't you? Anyone???? Well, I have those days a lot lately, they seem to come in series, a lot of good days and then a lot of really, really bad days and I know that the bad days pass just like the good ones do but they seem to drag on and on and on. I need to take some sick leave or vacation leave for that matter but apparently my employer doesn't offer that, crazy eh?! Today has been filled with Harris turning the TV and DVD player off during Indiana Jones and you don't turn Indy off. Harris has been throwing fits when he doesn't get candy or whatever the desired toy is at that moment, like my phone or something and then he proceeds to attack me with bites and let me tell you, they hurt!!! I pop him on the lips and say "NO" but he still does it, all day he does it. I have a headache that won't go away and the noise in the background...turn it up..."Here I am, Rock it like a Hurricane!" courtesy of Bennett while Max is head banning along with the beat, OH, wait, "Mississsippi Queen...you know what I mean". I'm meaning for this to be somewhat funny but at the same time it drains me. I shouldn't take for granted the simple things in life like my children's giggles and their voices when singing such uplifting music but man, I just need a break. I lost my temper with Bennett today who for the umpteenth time has punch Max after Max has aggrevated him. I don't know what to do with him. I locked him in his room for about 45 minutes but it just doesn't matter. I've failed, really, I've failed and have threated the children that I would go get a job but I don't think they care nor understand. I've even looked online for openings, mostly just feeding my anger. Any suggestions? Max is an aggrevator big time to his brother but at the same time just doesn't know what to do with himself when Bennett is at school, hes like a lost puppy who can't entertain himself and doesn't play well with others and hes 4, I think thats a little old to not know how to play with other kids. Does anyone want my children for a week? I need to send the to boot camp pronto...any takers? They bicker like you wouldn't believe...it's not like they're doing horrible things but its all the little things they do constantly. I really want to give my 2 weeks notice. I told Bennett that and you know what he said? Well he sang it, "Hit with me with your best shot!... Why don't you hit me with your best shot, da-da, da-da, da-da, da-da." Very funny. In case your wondering why the songs, I attribute that to Guitar Heros and Battle of the Bands that we played last night at my uncles house. I could really use some suggestions.
Sincerely,
Seriously done
Crestwood, MO
Father’s Day Interview Printable Kids Can Fill Out
3 months ago
8 comments:
Oh man! You know I know how you feel. Those days are hard, especially when they come one right after the other. And the noise, oh the noise! Who would have thought such a little person could make so much noise?! Boys are hard, I tell ya.
Do you have a daily/weekly schedule? This is something I'm just now trying to implement. After a year or so of frusration you would have thought I would have it figured out by now, but no, we're still learning. The twins are also lost without Barrett at home to lead them. I've come up with something to do almost everyday to help with the boredom. Maybe you can do something similar. Monday is movie day (ie. resting day because Sundays take it out of everyone!) We watch a movie and chill. Tuesday is baking day. We do bread, cookies, whatever... And unlike any other time I cook they are allowed and encouraged to help me. We may even take what we made and drop it off to a friend. Wednesdays we have a play date. Thursdays are library day. And we try to get out (park, lunch, something like that) on Friday.
Hang in there. I can still remember when you wrote in a Christmas letter one year about giving your two week notice. I still think about that often and it makes me laugh. And maybe you really do need a vacation. Or at very least an afternoon off to regroup. Take it!!
We all have those days Shannon! I think you said the best thing right at the beginning. They do pass and good days come again. In the meantime, I would recommend getting together with a girlfriend to get something done. If I just get together with a girlfriend and complain, I usually feel worse afterwards. But if I do some work with someone, then it gets me out of a funk. Also, watching Extreme Home Makeover makes me a more grateful person. Random thoughts. But most of all, just know that you're not alone and that good days will come sooner than you expect. Keep on keepin' on Friend!
I wouldn't feel to bad. We are human and we are here to be tested and tried. And beleive me some times it is hard to see through all the tests and trials that come our way. Don't give up. Your boys really are sweet. And there is no other mom that could take your place and love them at the end of the day like you. Kathy gave me some advice one time and i do try it once in a while and that is don't sweat the little things. And when you just want to string your kids by their toes just give them a hug and remember that this to will pass. GOOD LUCK and remember that your family here in IDAHO loves you.
Shannon, I have a journal entry just like this one. And I had 4 boys:0 But look how well they turned out:) Pray, pray, pray. Love you.
Shan, I know EXACTLY what you are going through! My best advice, pray in the morning for the strength and patience you'll need to get through the day. I find that really helps!! Keep up the good work!
It is so hard when it feels that way. It always gets better, but those funks are impossible to see past sometimes. You have an open invitation to bring your little guys over to play with me and Nolan whenever you''d like! You could try play group, too. It is fun! Sometimes you just need a little adult interaction. Hang in there-the pay stinks, but the benefits come in great little packages.
I love how honest you are Shannon. I don't know if I could write that on my blog and believe me I have those days. We have good days and days where at the end of the day think, wow, I really wasn't a good mom today. I agree to pray for help. I know that days that I get up a few minutes before my kids to do some things just for me, my days seem to go more smooth. Boy I love my sleep though so its a toss up. just hang in there. You're a saint with those three boys and must be getting extra brownie points in heaven!
Hey girl, just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain... and I've only been a mom for a little over 2 weeks now. It's definitely not as easy as it looks. :) I know you're a great mom, though. Hang in there, you'll get through it!!
Post a Comment