Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Goodbye Baby Hello Big Boy




Whether I like it or not Bennett is now a big kid. He went off to school today and it broke my heart. I had him kiss the palm of my hand and then I put my hand on my heart so if I missed him all I had to do was touch my heart and I wouldn't be sad but would feel his love. He wanted me to kiss his hand too. The last look he gave me before he got on the bus about broke me into pieces. He was so excited but I think he could tell that this was hard for me. He gave me the sweetest most caring looking and then off he went on the big bus. I have to say, its the weirdest feeling have a school bus pull up to my house and having my child run out. He had so much fun and is so ready...I'm just not sure if I am.

2 comments:

Anjanette said...

oh my!!!!
I can't believe it.
He is going to love school & his teacher will surely love him.
...and you'll be fine too.
Just think of all you'll be able to get done around the house with one less boy to worry about.
Can't wait to hear his school stories.

Amy said...

It is fun to hear about this experience--we just sent Cambry off on her first day of school also and it was pretty sad. Bennett looks like a big boy that can handle himself pretty well, though. Amy just started a blog to keep everyone up to speed, so feel free to come have a look. We miss you guys.

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates