
Look how cute those are?? How could you possibly not want one? Well...thats what happened to me. I got sucked into their cutness. We are now proud momma's and pappa's of 4 2 day old chicks. To my Idaho friends and family it may seem like its not that big of a deal but when you live in the city and have about a quarter of an ancre of land that is already taken up by a garden, shed and boy stuff....its kind of a big deal. Once we get the chickens in the back yard with all of our other things it will probably look like a third world country back there. OH, well. This will be fun....right?
Let me introduce you. The chick with the stripe on the back is Chickamunk, the black one is Cinnamon, the white one is Susie and the yellow one is Marilyn (after my grandmother. She always wanted to someone to name their child after her - this is pretty close).

Here are the boys with their respective chicks. Harry picked out Cinnamon, Max LOVES Sallie, Bennett adores Chipamunk and I'm just hoping my little Marilyn survives.



Look at Bennett's excitement. They are so adorable!!! We now actually have more girls in the house then boys. Never thought that would happen (I am also counting our bunny which happens to be female!)
2 comments:
Too cute! I want some now :) You'll have to give us the 411 on how in the world you take care of them... I would probably kill them and that would be a little traumatic for the kids I think.
What fun! And what a great way to teach the boys about responsibility. If you're planning on keeping them for a while, just make sure they don't burn down the chicken coop. It might run in the family. ;)
Post a Comment