We, as a family, rarely go anywhere and in the last two days I've booked two trips!!! I have to say I'm a little excited about life right now. We already knew we were going to Idaho but we thought we would drive. And boy, was I dreading driving with 3 over active boys for 24 hours. We found tickets fairly reasonable (we have to purchase 5 now that Harris will be 2 and 2 days old when we go out there.....nice timing eh?) that would fly is into Idaho Falls which is only a 30 minute drive to Marc's parents as opposed to flying into Salt Lake and driving 4 hours. I am pumped. Needless to say I tossed aside the thought of driving and booked the flights. Really, I mean, what would I have done in the car with them for 24 hours?! I think I would have hated it so much I would have never done it again. Hmmmm...maybe we should just buy a small RV and drive out.......No, focus, back to the blog. And yesterday, yesterday we booked a trip to DISNEY WORLD!! I love Disney and so do the boys. We're going the first week in November and I am so excited. I'm alread planning. Anybody have any good tips. We were there a year and a half ago so I know what not to do but I am always up for advise on how to get through lines quicker, what times to visit what and where to eat. Oh, the food, the food is to die for. Too much excitement going on in the house. There is another big surprise but I'm not at liberty to announce that yet.
Summer is good. I love being able to hang out with the boys (when they're not fighting). We go to the pool....everyday. I'm a little embarassed to admit that, but isn't that what summers are for? They love it anyway and for the 2-3 hours we go, they don't argue, fight, aggrevate, whin - its a win-win. Marc's schedule has been a bit lighter the past couple of weeks so we've enjoyed having him around for breakfast and home for dinner and are still able to hit the water.
Harris is going back in for surgery on September 21st. We met with his surgeon and he said its either all or nothing meaning that it is either a bunch of scar tissue that is holding the tendons to the bone, which if that is the case he will just scrap it out and thats it, but if its not that and its the tendon he will have to do a tendon graph. That surgery is a seperate one and quite complicated. They will take a tendon from his wrist and make it to a finger tendon. There is a lot of therapy and healing time that is needed. But because Harris is so young still and is at a much great risk for complications he suggested not doing the sugery until he was 7. 7??! Thats exactly what I thought. We are going to have a fast the day of surgery and just pray that its only scar tissue. He can't just walk around for 5 more years with his finger sticking out.
The pictures is of the boys at Grant's Farm standing infront of one of the Clydsdale wagons.
5 comments:
lucky you! i want to go to disney world. and why do you torture me? i want to hear the other big surprise!
I am excited for you trips, too! How fun! Your boys are so fun and sweet. And, um, yeah-whats the big surprise????
Fun, fun!! I'm itching to travel, but Brett keeps telling me no. Grrrrr. So it sounds like I'll have to enjoy traveling through you!
Can't wait to hear about your big surprise!!
And remind us when you'll be fasting for Harris. We'd like to be in on that too.
How fun for you guys! I hope you have a great time!
you are lucky and you deserve it. score on those idaho tickets. i totally know how the whole drive to idaho is- yuck.
Post a Comment