Friday, January 11, 2008

Courting Candle


So I came across this today...its called a courting candle and they used it in the late 1800's, early 1900's. How is works is a man is able to court a young lady for however long it burns and if they parents didn't care for him they would turn the candle down so it burned out quicker. What a great idea!! This would have come in handy about 10 years ago in my dating stages of life. I think I'm going to use this with my boys. Girls are only allowed over for however long the candle burns and if I know me....which, I know me...then I would twist it down so the young ladies would have to leave early. The only lady in my boys life is their momma! :) Just thought I'd pass this on to other mother's who may have the dating scene upon them too soon (luckily I have about 11 years!). You can buy it at deseret books or order it on line. Happy courting!!!

No comments:

Oliver - 3 weeks

Oliver - 3 weeks

Harris - 3

Harris - 3

Max - 6

Max - 6

Bennett - 7

Bennett - 7
 

Robinson Family | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates