
I spent the long weekend in Chicago thanks to my mom for my 30th birthday. It was WONDERFUL! (I will post about that later) I came home yesterday to this!! Balloons on our mailbox, on the house and this huge 3-0 on the front steps. My first thought was "wow, my moms an over achiever, the kids and all these decorations?" Well, she is an over achiever but it turns out I have some pretty awesome friends who are over achievers as well.


Inside there were balloons in every room of the house...even the bathroom. There were 30 of them. There were 30, "30" signs as well throughout the house...even on the toilet. The table was filled with presents, all 30 themed. I received 30 nuts, 30 sewing supplies, 30 chocolates, 30 paint brushes, 30 little wooden laundry pins, an outline of the NCAA final four teams for the last 30 years, paper, flowers, vintage buttons....it was wonderful. I felt so loved. It was the best birthday on record.

30 delicious cupcakes. Seriously, these are the best cupcakes I've ever had. I have such awesome friends. And then Freda made me this "30 things I love about you".

Don't I have the best friends ever?!?! Thank you everyone for making my birthday so memorable.
7 comments:
Happy Birthday!!! Those are some pretty amazing friends - which shows what an amazing person YOU are!!!
Woo hoo! Happy Birthday!
What a fun surprise to come home to. Glad you had a great birthday.
P.S. I just love your friends!
AWESOME. Don't you just love your life? Four beautiful kids, an amazing husband, wonderful friends, super family nearby, a fantastic trip you went on. Just awesome. Love ya, Shan!
Happy Birthday... you really do have the cutest friends ever! I want to be a friend like that! Take care!
This is why I love love love St. Louis and miss it so much too! That ward (the FRIENDS) is great! Glad you had a great birthday. The cake below is beautiful. I wish I was at the party!
Post a Comment