First Born
I'm not sure what it is about the first born child but they definitely have certain characteristics that the other children don't. Bennett is, as most people who know us know, very charismatic and dramatic. He loves attention and is not afraid of anyone. He likes to be known around the house anyway as a big boy, not a little boy. He changes Harris' diapers and puts on his clothes and even bathes him (with my supervision of course). His latest thing is feeding him. He will feed him his entire meal. Now how much Harris actually gets in his mouth is another story but its great non-the-less. He is a great big brother and loves Harris so very much. Max on the other hand could really care less. The only time he actually is nice to him is when Harris has a toy that Max wants and Max will run and get one of Harris' toys and say, "Here you go Harris here is your favorite toy." Marc and Harris left for Idaho yesterday and I have to admit I thought it was going to be hard but not this hard. I sincerely hurt. My heart and my stomach hurt and I feel a little empty and not complete. 10 days is going to be the longest 10 days I've ever had to go through. When we dropped them off at the airport and pulled away I looked in the rear view mirror and saw Bennett's eyes getting red and he said, "I want Harris to stay................ I miss him............ my heart hurts". My heart hurt just hearing him say that! Then Max immediately said, "I'm FINE!" How sweet and goofy my boys are
Bennett also thinks hes big enough to have a girlfriend. Her name is Maureen and shes in Bennett's preschool class. Maureen told her dad shes dating an older man since Bennett is 5 and she is still 4. They are crazy about each other. Bennett draws her pictures all the time and today gave her a valentines present. He waited at the top of the stairs for her to show up and had her present waiting for her (A wooden heart that he had painted) and she had a present for him. She cooked for him!! She made him Brownies and Cookies. Those two are a riot. Its cute now but once he starts to understand what it means to really have a girlfriend I'll probably start to have a problem with that.
4 comments:
i was wondering what his girlfriend looked like. charming couple! Tell him that when he's done taking care of harrison that mia needs to be fed and bathed too.
Shannon - Hi! I don't know why I didn't think of looking for you guys on here sooner - your boys are so sweet! I hope things are going good with you all - have fun at disneyworld!
Hi Shannon. Just wanted to let you know that I've started a blog. I enjoy reading yours so I thought I'd share mine with you. I was going to e-mail it, but I don't think I have a current address for you.
http://ourfamily-kane.blogspot.com/
Hey! You are such a wonderful mommy! Your boys are sooooo cute - I want to eat them up! I am horrible at keeping touch with you! Call me... let's chat!
Post a Comment